Sunday 14 July 2019

A poem for the Bobster's birthday

I'm Still Here

To celebrate my birthday,
we'll raise a glass of cheer.
I may be getting older,
but I'm still here.


The humans brought me back from Wales:
The journey held no fear.
Although the drive took many hours,
and I'm still here.


They made a special room for me.
They love me that is clear.
And that love is reciprocal,
And I'm still here.

They say that it's a dog's life.
That makes life sound so drear.
The opposite is true I've found,
And I'm still here.

You see, I'm family, I'm treated as
A prince, King - an Emir!
The best treats I am given,
and I'm still here.




I'm enjoying every day that comes.
Seeing places far and near.
From York to Cornwall, Brighton Beach.
And I'm still here.






I love to go for walks, to lunch,
or stare out from the pier.
Chase seagulls, run and fetch the ball.
And I'm still here.




But the greatest place is by your side,
I'll never disappear.
When you call my name, I'll run to you.
Yes, I'm still here.





And when my time on earth is gone.
I'll whisper in your ear.
Don't be sad, just look around.
Look. I'm still here.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

July 15th - The Bobster's birthday and St Swithin's Day. (It never rains but it paws)

  I t's been a long time since we've updated this blog. To be honest, there has not been a lot happening except walks in the local p...