Tuesday 18 April 2017

The Bobster visits Harrogate

The spa town of Harrogate is reached via the A59 from York. It has many fine parks in which to dog walk. Here I am walking in The Stray which has over 200 acres of open space and, as you can see, is a wonderful sight to see in March/April, when the trees are in blossom.
It is a dog friendly town with many places to stay. I
like to stay at the Hotel Du Vin which allows me to eat in the large bar area inside, and out on the terrace, which is lovely on summer evenings. For the charge of £20 I am provided with a bed and bowls. 5 🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾




It is very central and near the Montpelier area, where you can wander the shops or visit the famous Betty's Tea rooms. Sadly, I am not allowed in there. However, there are outdoor cafes a plenty and one of my favourites Filmore and Union allows me and the humans in for some fresh juices, and healthier eats.

I have enjoyed some great walkies around town and if you get tired, there are plenty of coffee shops and bars to stop at (woof!). However, there are beautiful walks in the nearby Himalayan Gardens. It is about a 30 minute drive from Harrogate and you will find directions on their website. It really is worth a visit, even though there are a few narrow roads along the way to negotiate which can be a bit tricky for the city slickers. .


Knaresborough is also well worth a trip. It is more or less halfway between York and Harrogate (about 4 miles from Harrogate) along the A59. One of its famous landmarks is Mother Shipton's Cave and I like to walk in the Knaresborough Castle park. There is parking and the walk can take as long as you want it too, by the ruins, or along the viaduct (worth seeing) with every bend offering a differing view. It's also nice and shady by the River Nidd so cooler in those hot summer days. I love it and so does the human. 5 🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

July 15th - The Bobster's birthday and St Swithin's Day. (It never rains but it paws)

  I t's been a long time since we've updated this blog. To be honest, there has not been a lot happening except walks in the local p...