Tuesday 11 April 2017

The Bobster's favourite walkies - Richmond





I love Richmond Park. When I want to chill, this is where I go. It is my happy place and well loved by us dogs, our human companions, walkers, cyclists, runners and families who just want to get out and experience the great outdoors in all its splendour. It is an escape from the busy city, which can be seen in the far horizon (in fact there is a viewpoint through the park which leads to St. Paul's cathedral, whose dome is visible just among the distant trees) We need to cherish such places. In these days of pollution, they are the lungs of London. 5 paws 🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

We travel there by car entering via Richmond Gate. There is free parking near Pembroke Lodge, a nice little coffee and ice cream cafe.
Our walk takes us to the left towards the wide open spaces where often the deer are seen roaming. The human keeps me on the lead if we get near the herds, as one never knows how deer will react, especially if it is rutting season.
My friend Holly and human friend Chelsea

Then we head out of the park, past the Star and Garter then through Terrance Gardens towards the river. The riverside walk leads to Richmond centre, where the human and I have a bit of a browse in the upmarket shops (yes, I am welcome in most shops and cafes here)
Terrace Gardens
Then it's back up the hill towards a well-earned sit down for a spot of lunch or dinner at my favourite place - The Lass O' Richmond Hill.  It has recently been refurbished but maintains its cosy charm, with fires lit in winter, and lovely seating areas outside in summer. I and my fur friends are welcomed here with treats, which are in jars by the door, and water bowls.
I am allowed in the large bar area, and also in the seated areas outside, one of which is for non-smokers, so that is a bonus. I hate cigarette smoke when I am eating (grrrr!!) The food is excellent and staff very friendly, so me and the human are a regular visitors. There are also board-games and colouring and a kid friendly menu if the little humans join us, so I give it 5🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

July 15th - The Bobster's birthday and St Swithin's Day. (It never rains but it paws)

  I t's been a long time since we've updated this blog. To be honest, there has not been a lot happening except walks in the local p...