Thursday 18 May 2017

The Bobster visits Swinton Park, near Masham, Yorkshire

What do you need to know about Masham? Besides the fact that it's about 30 miles from York it is also home to the award winning Black Sheep Brewery. There, I think we all know enough!
Swinton Park is a country estate set in 200 acres and when we were there plans were underway to add a new county club and spa to the hotel which is expected to open mid-July 2017.

Guests are welcomed to the hotel with a glass of champagne and I was welcome to imbibe with the humans in any one of the beautiful lounges while food was not being served. There is a games room, with billiard table, and a playroom next to it for the young humans, which is stacked with toys, games, and videos. It also has a viewing area (like a mini cinema) where these can be watched.  There is a boot room near one of the entrances, with wellies that can be borrowed for walkies (woof!) and towels are provided to clean muddy paws afterwards.
I really wish more places offered this.

The walk near the hotel takes you to a lake at the rear of the hotel past the aviary (I am on my lead near this area, as required) and there are deer roaming in the nearby fields. The little humans enjoy these walks, as do I. Now, if only they could concentrate on playing ball!


I was allowed to roam and relax in most of the hotel but I was not allowed to eat in the dining room. However, I was happy to stay in my room, were I was provided with a comfy bed, bowls, and treats. (woof!) The humans were also given free gin, or scotch, something alcoholic anyway. The restaurant is very good, gourmet, I think the human described it. Not surprising as they have a cookery school on the grounds which offers courses throughout the year. Apparently, this is on the human's bucket list.
The cost of my stay was £25 per night. I enjoyed my stay, and walkies. 5 🐾🐾🐾🐾

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

July 15th - The Bobster's birthday and St Swithin's Day. (It never rains but it paws)

  I t's been a long time since we've updated this blog. To be honest, there has not been a lot happening except walks in the local p...