Saturday 13 May 2017

The Bobster visits Brighton (again)

The human had to visit Brighton yesterday to do a few things so obviously I went too. After the 75 mile drive from London we had our usual walk along the promenade, which ended up with the usual cappuccino and a water for me at one of the cafes on the beach.
 Then it was time to head off to our hotel. For this trip the human thought we would try somewhere new so we stayed at the Malmaison Hotel at Brighton Marina.
This is me on arrival checking out the boats trying to see one with my name on it.


The hotel is right by the marina and there is a carpark there, a minute's walk from the hotel. There is also a drop off point, if you wish, by the lobby, but the parking is easy. At the entrance to the carpark there is a sign informing drivers that there is a maximum of 4 hours free parking but this is to be ignored. The best level to park at the reach the hotel is level 6 where the boardwalk leads straight to the hotel entrance and a lift to reception one floor up.

The human had somehow managed to bruise her leg and asked for ice. She really wants to thank the girl on reception who brought some but also helped bring her bag and me to the room (woof!) 5 🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾 for you, lovely receptionist. I wish we knew your name.

The bar area was off-limits but I had to sneek a peek. I think my human has some superpowers too.


I was allowed in the lounge area though, where food could be served.


The room was nice and clean (the human said the bed was mega comfy) and the bath products were awesome. One was labelled, This is the Best shampoo you will ever steal, and it is!!!
I was not provided with a bed or bowls or anything but do not think I was charged for this stay, unless it had already been included within the human's bill.

The human and I decided to go to one of the many cafes (there are around 20 or so) on the Marina for dinner and that was very pleasant indeed. (woof!)

We love Brighton and this is another side to it. However, it is a short drive to the hustle and bustle of the piers, and lanes, so this is in fact a good place to stay and take in all that Brighton has to offer throughout the day.
We had an early morning walk ( 7 a.m.) too early for any of those 20 or so cafes to open up for breakfast, so headed on back to London. All in all, a good trip. 4 🐾🐾🐾🐾


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

July 15th - The Bobster's birthday and St Swithin's Day. (It never rains but it paws)

  I t's been a long time since we've updated this blog. To be honest, there has not been a lot happening except walks in the local p...