Thursday 11 May 2017

The Bobster visits Watergate bay, Cornwall




I might have guessed it was going to be a bit of a journey when I saw the human bring extra bottles of water and a stack of CDs into the car. And it was such a long drive from London to Cornwall, that I fell asleep in the car.  However,  when I awoke, I thought I must be still be dreaming, for this place looked like Doggy Heaven, and it is. There are two miles of sandy beaches and I can roam all of it (woof!) all year! (woof, woof!)
This is me in my polo shirt ready for surf and turf - well, any food really (woof!). As you can see, it has been a few years now since my visit but I've checked and these details, as I write,  are current.
The humans and I stay at the wonderful Watergate Bay Hotel which, as the name suggests, overlooks the bay. For those who don't drive, or don't want to drive, Newquay airport is only a couple of miles away. Besides being super dog friendly, it is great for families and surfers, and altogether great. The rooms feel New England-ish. There are facilities to store and heat food for children. The charge for my stay is £15 (a further £5 for each additional dog) and there are dog beds available 5🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾+★






Jamie Oliver's Fifteen restaurant is right next to the hotel overlooking the bay, and all the profits go to the charity which helps with apprenticeships, so a win- win, but we ate in nearby the Beach Hut, where it was just a treat to sit over a few pre-dinner drinks and watch the sunset. (woof!)
The human keeps promising to take me back here one day. Yes, definitely one of these days...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

July 15th - The Bobster's birthday and St Swithin's Day. (It never rains but it paws)

  I t's been a long time since we've updated this blog. To be honest, there has not been a lot happening except walks in the local p...