Tuesday 6 June 2017

Maybe it's because Im a Londoner...a day out in our great city

Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner, that I love London so.... (as the famous lyrics by Hubert Gregg go). The song was written in 1946 just after the second world war, which took its toll on London but never broke its spirit. I think of this song in light of the events of the past few days and today I decided to go out and about visiting some of my favourite places in this beautiful city.

First stop, which may not surprise anyone, was food related. I nipped in to Mungo and Maud's Elizabeth street branch for some of my favourite treats- peanut butter biscuits.
Then it was the human's turn to visit the very pretty Peggy Porchen's cake shop at the corner of Elizabeth street and Ebury Street.
You can tell, even before you enter the shop , that the cakes are going to be delicious; if they make such an effort with the décor, of course, they will do their best with everything. The human loved it but restraint was exercised and only one cupcake bought.





As the rain had subsided, it was then time we exercised ourselves, so it was off to Holland Park!
Those perceptive among you may recognise that the above is not my human companion but rather The Walking Man, sculpture by Sean Henry. You can see more of Sean's great work here

And I couldn't possible end my walk in Holland Park without a visit to Lord Holland.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

July 15th - The Bobster's birthday and St Swithin's Day. (It never rains but it paws)

  I t's been a long time since we've updated this blog. To be honest, there has not been a lot happening except walks in the local p...