Sunday 16 July 2017

The Bobster's favourite pubs - The Village inn

I wanted to label this blog entry, I'm one of the Village People but the human thought it would lead to too many questions, like, am I the Policeman, Cowboy, or Biker? Do I spend all day humming catchy disco tunes? You get my drift.

The Village Inn in Ealing is my local, or, as the urban dictionary describes it, my neighbourhood pub.

Just what is required of a good local pub, I hear you ask (we dogs have extraordinary hearing!). Well, here's my list.

1. You must be able to walk to it (bringing the car is an impediment). The fact that my local is halfway to the park means I get to walk to it twice, so double the chance the human will bring me in.
2. It will have regulars who seem to be propping the bar no matter what time of day it is, or which day.
3. You and the regulars might never speak, but the occasional nod may lead to conversation - about the weather. No one will have a spray tan!
4. There will be NO fruit machine, jukebox, or TV blaring in the corner even though no one's watching.
5. You may be over 40 but you will still feel like one of the youngsters.
6. You will know who the landlord is, even though you have not been formally introduced as such, it will be that evident by his/her welcoming skills.  
7. You will always find a table, or place at the bar while they clear a table.
8. The food will be proper pub food, not gourmet, and plenty of it, served by friendly staff. No nasturtiums will have died to add a flourish.
9. They will offer a pub quiz - you will never go.
10. The décor should be cosy, comfy, with no glaring lights, where you can relax while you sit out the rain, or that heat (with your dog!).
The only Cockerspaniel in the Village Inn
The Village Inn fulfils all the above requirements and more. There is ample outdoor seating and a special seating area which is for non-smokers 5 🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾 , dog biscuits are offered (woof!) and, as the landlord has a dog himself, he very much welcomes dogs on the premises. I am allowed to eat in the bar area and in most of the dining area 5 🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

I recommend a visit here with or without your fur friend so Ill leave you with a quote from W.C. Fields "Everyone's got to believe in something, I believe I'll have another beer."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

July 15th - The Bobster's birthday and St Swithin's Day. (It never rains but it paws)

  I t's been a long time since we've updated this blog. To be honest, there has not been a lot happening except walks in the local p...