Monday 3 July 2017

I had a little Tea Party...

The Tea Party


I had a little tea party
This afternoon at three.
'Twas very small-
Three guest in all-
Just I, myself and me.

Myself ate all the sandwiches,
While I drank up the tea;
'Twas also I who ate the pie
And passed the cake to me..."
Actually, those words are from  Jessica Nelson North  but may as well have been said by me. Today, as the little humans were in town, I had a little tea party to celebrate my upcoming birthday.




We went to the Egerton House hotel, on Egerton Terrace, Knightsbridge. Parking was nearby, which was great, and the staff were very welcoming and helped with the little humans on arrival. I was greeted by name and offered water straight away. They knew of my upcoming birthday and treated me (and the humans) like royalty (woof!). The humans have had afternoon tea in many of London's more famous hotels but they wanted me to accompany them, and the Egerton allowed that.
I was offered the Doggy Afternoon Tea, which consists of meatloaf, biscuits, all followed by dog ice-cream. I did not have to have it. To be honest, I simply had biscuits, homemade. The humans and little humans who accompanied me really enjoyed their time here and their afternoon tea. It feels grand, but not too grand, and pampering without being pompous. I think this is down to the staff and their welcoming, friendly manner. For me, the important thing was, I was able to take part in this traditional London ritual, which is a great thing for anyone who is a dog tourist in this fine city who has travelled with their tea loving humans, as well as locals. To quote Cole Porter, I had a swellegant, elegant time and look forward to doing this again (woof!) 5 🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

July 15th - The Bobster's birthday and St Swithin's Day. (It never rains but it paws)

  I t's been a long time since we've updated this blog. To be honest, there has not been a lot happening except walks in the local p...