Tuesday 25 April 2017

The Bobster's favourite walkies - Pitshanger Park




When I am not travelling, or exploring somewhere new, I go to my local parks. Pitshanger Park is in Ealing, west London. It has a small free carpark, and there is ample free off-street parking in the neighbouring streets. The park has a playground and a playgroup, football and tennis coaching, newly refurbished tennis courts and lessons for all ages run by Will to Win. They also provide excellent coffee and snacks, including dog snacks  (woof!) at their café, which has a patio where we dogs can sit. More seating is provided on the grass area next to the courts. This is my usual park. I look forward to getting back to it whenever I have been away and sniff out exactly what has gone on in my absence.

wishful thinking, trying to catch the ball



The park is a great asset to the local area, from old to young (humans and dogs) and has its regular walkers, so I get to meet my friends here. Near the bowling green the council have planted wild flowers. These are a very pretty addition to the park. In the heat of summer I like to walk through the allotments which lead out then back into the park, but offer welcome shade.

The wild flowers near the bowling green




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

July 15th - The Bobster's birthday and St Swithin's Day. (It never rains but it paws)

  I t's been a long time since we've updated this blog. To be honest, there has not been a lot happening except walks in the local p...