Tuesday 9 May 2017

The Bobster visits Bolton Abbey, Yorkshire


Bolton Abbey is in the Yorkshire Dales by the river Wharfe near Skipton. It is a very scenic 50 minute drive via the A59 from York and, with its stone walls, green fields and winding roads, reminded my human very much of her native Ireland.



The purpose of our visit was to enjoy the wonderful walks around Bolton Abbey and to stay in the super dog-friendly Devonshire Arms Hotel and Spa.







Someone had already got there, arriving in style at one of the hotels two helipads.







As you can see, I arrived on a beautiful day, perfect for the walk that followed.


For £10 for the night The Devonshire Arms provided me with a bowl, treats, and vouchers plus information about where I could wander within the hotel. I could have requested a bed too, but the human had brought my favourite blankets.
I had dinner in the comfy lounge (as the main restaurant was off-limits) and the food was superb. The human had a brilliant beetroot salad starter with goats cheese, followed by chicken to which I was treated (woof!)
For the walks wellington boots are provided, if needed. There is a pleasing tranquillity in the surroundings, and it is truly beautiful. I think the human actually enjoyed the walk to Bolton Abbey more than I did, and I LOVED it. The hotel is lovely and the staff are very friendly and lovely too. I am hoping to return in the autumn. I give it 5 paws 🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

July 15th - The Bobster's birthday and St Swithin's Day. (It never rains but it paws)

  I t's been a long time since we've updated this blog. To be honest, there has not been a lot happening except walks in the local p...